Tuesday 20 December 2011

Holiday TMI Tuesday



1. What will you be celebrating? If it isn’t a commonly known holiday or celebration (i.e., Christmas, winter solstice, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa) briefly tell us about it.
We shall be celebrating Christmas. This year is my daughters 2nd Xmas so its brought more of the old excitement back to us scrooge-y adults!
2. What’s your favorite Christmas or holiday tune?
I would have to say the only Christmas themed song that I can truthfully say I like is "Fairy Tale of New York"
3. If you are giving or receiving gifts this holiday season:
- What’s the gift you most want?
- What do you think is the best gift you are giving?
SLEEP!! That is the only gift I want and need this year!!!
Hmmmm....probably either the hair crimper I'm giving my sister, or the complete box set of The Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy for my husband....
4. If you could spend this December holiday season anywhere, where would that be?
Somewhere quite and cold....so lets say a deserted (except for the staff) luxury resort, surrounded by beautiful snow covered mountain... not sure of an exact location...
5. Your family has announced that the holiday celebration & get-together will be at your home. You think to yourself:
a. Yes! Finally…the more the merrier.
b. I don’t have enough room for all of you, but let’s rent a hall and you all get hotel rooms.
c. Over my dead body, I don’t want you freaks in my house.
d. Hmm…I wonder if it’s too late to book a flight to anywhere, leaving on Christmas eve?
Definitely C or D!! Blegh I couldn't think of anything worse than my house being INVADED by my family *shudders*
6. Have you ever given a fruit cake as a Christmas gift or a gift at all? Do you even like fruit cake?
I don't think I have ever given or recieved Christmas cake.... I have however cooked a super traditional Christmas cake (fruit cake, covered in marzipan, covered in royal icing and decorated) this year!! I cant wait to eat it!!!
Bonus:  Share with us one of your holiday traditions.
Hmmmm we don't really have any traditions that we do every year... the closest I can think of is going to look at peoples Christmas light shows on their houses?? Doubt we will be doing it this year though...

2 comments:

  1. This is our daughter's second Christmas as well. She was nine months old on her second, and quite indifferent about all the commotion. This year she is very excited.

    Although I do like quite a few Christmas songs, the one I selected in our TMI Tuesday was also Fairytale of New York. Something about Shane McGowan's vocals, and the back and forth between him and Kirsty, that really gets to me.

    Jill and I would also like more sleep this year. Part of being parents, I suppose.

    The cake you describe in #6 sounds delicious!

    -Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great age!! it's so fun to watch the magic through a small child's eyes :)

    Sleep? What's that? LOL

    Enjoy!!

    ~Kazi xxx

    ReplyDelete